Financial Aid at Compton College

Will financial aid pay for a course if I repeat it?

In general, students can repeat courses in which a D, F, NP, or W is recorded.
  • If you have not passed the course previously, you can take the course again and receive federal funds as long as you are making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and are in good standing with the Office of Financial Aid.
  • Federal regulations limit financial aid funds to one additional attempt after a grade of D or better has been obtained. Therefore, students will be paid for two attempts maximum of a particular course, for which they previously earned a passing grade.
Mail this page!

Was this helpful?